Top 10
 Becoming a Member
DarkForgeGFX.com
DarkForgeGFX.com DarkForgeGFX.com

Thoughts and Prayers   
DarkForgeGFX.com

Synful

Dear Lord,

There's a young man far from home, called to serve his nation in time of war; sent to defend our freedom on some distant foreign shore. We pray You keep him safe, we pray You keep him strong, we pray You send him safely home ... for he's been away so long.

Bless those who await their safe return.

Bless those who mourn the lost.

Bless those who serve this country well, no matter what the cost.

God, Bless America!

Keep our Brother SynfulDruid in you thoughts and Prayers during his deployment

DarkForgeGFX.com

Shout Box   
DarkForgeGFX.com  

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.
DarkForgeGFX.com

Website Host   
DarkForgeGFX.com
Our Website Hosted by
Click on picture to visit them for all you computer needs
DarkForgeGFX.com

Search for at
Union of Saints Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Escape From Tarkov Future games information Treello 0 Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm
Treello View latest post
UoS and 310 Web Site Follower's Corner Treello 23 Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm
Treello View latest post
WW2 Large Scale - Realism Future games information Treello 15 Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:48 pm
Treello View latest post
new bf4 sig Bragging Rights tinhead-UoS- 11 Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 pm
TribalDragon View latest post
PUB-G Future games information Reiath 5 Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:29 am
Volcom View latest post
Discord Follower's Corner Treello 2 Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 am
Volcom View latest post

Future of UoS website
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Union of Saints Forum Index -> Follower's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treello
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

votes: 2
usa.png

Steam: Treello
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:12 pm Post subject: No icon Future of UoS website Reply with quote

The time has come to have this discussion. What do we want to do with this website? The reason i ask is that of its security and member information. The site has been compromised several times as you have seen in the past. As of this point I do not know what personal information, if any, has been taken. However, you should be aware that it would not be hard as the version of phpnuke this is on is very very old and it is not a secure site. It does not run SSL or any kind of encryption for the transmission of content.

If you guys are okay with this it will stay as is till it ... well... dies. If, however, we want something newer and more secure the time and financial investment into something like that needs to be discussed. If we were to move onto something new and i were to undertake it my time is limited. We would loose many features such as a place to store photos and so on. I would like replace this existing website with a simple word press and/or forums. I can't even guarantee a shout box. If someone else is interested however we can discuss that. Let me know where you guys are at with this. A new website would also require people to re-register and such.
Reiath
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

votes: 1
usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:46 am Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

I would love to see this continue. However as the time passes there seems to be less and less activity here. not sure i would go through all the trouble
brother if it is going to sit dormant. IMHO if this site is compromised in the way of peoples personal info i would think you would want to shut things down?
I don't want to seem like a negative person here its just what i have noticed in the last 6-9 months.

With this being said i have only been here for 6ish years, i don't know if this is usual or unusual activity. Just my 2 cents worth.

Till we meet on the battlefield
-UoS- Leader
-UoS- Leader

canada.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

I hope this continues for a long time, this clan has been going for ages... I just think life has caught up with us and finding a balance isn't easy. Usually gaming takes the side seat if you wanna keep the miss happy (trust me ... I know first hand).

Also we haven't been united with a single game for many years.  The release of an increasingly large amount of games each year is not helping.

I think we are in a veteran phase in our clan history, not that we cannot go back, we see each other on occasions, in ceremonies or other big events.  We are always happy to see one another and remember the good ol' days. Things have changed for all of us.

But remember... we are Saints, always will be and proud to be!  

Veterans we are of the golden age of UoS, BF2142, Bad Company 2, BF3-4....

Until we find that game that makes us kick those old medals and gear up to kick ass again as a clan.

In the mean time, we march forward and keep looking for that game.

If there is anything I can contribute I will, time, effort, donation...

I'm always available to discuss TS or direct (pm me to get my info, email, cell number).

I still play the following:
Minecraft (modded)
Overwatch
Diablo 3
Paladins
Astroneer
BF1
BC2 (still installed)

Game time for me between 1900 and 2100 EDT.

Stay strong brothers

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
tinhead-UoS-
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

what ever is done im good with it my name wont change st.tinhead its been that over for atleast 12 yrs(aka st.hood ) for a small stent bhd days boy those were the days huh

Get registered or Log in

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.

"if i live , i will kill you. if i die u are forgiven."Such is the Rule of Honor.
tinhead-UoS-
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

i still play bf4  by the way

Get registered or Log in

"if i live , i will kill you. if i die u are forgiven."Such is the Rule of Honor.
Treello
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

To give you guys an idea. I gave a person at my company who works in our trust department (they ensure network security and privacy) authorization to do a penetration test on our website. It took him about a minute and a half. Granted he knew ahead of time it was phpnuke and so one so he already had an idea of how he would do it. This was my concern. Its not like the site generates a ton of traffic i just want you all to be aware.

We did do some prep. I created a dummy account with a random password that i did not tell him about but he would be aware of the email. He did some studying and stuff ahead of time. In general he said it would take probably a couple days cause he would need a registered email address. He did say there is likely other ways without but that would be the easiest and most common.
SteelWarrior
Friend of UoS
Friend of UoS

usa.png

Steam: SteelWarrior01
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:30 am Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

Just my two cents worth here but since about the only personal information most of us have on our clans websites/forums account is our e-mail address and first name the sites lack of high security isn't really an issue in my opinion.

It isn't like we have our SS numbers or credit card/bank account info anywhere in the sites database, the sites are hosted free of charge.

The online merchants and other sites we all use sell more of our personal info every day than what's accessible here on our (UoS/310) websites.

Treello
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

SteelWarrior wrote (View Post):
Just my two cents worth here but since about the only personal information most of us have on our clans websites/forums account is our e-mail address and first name the sites lack of high security isn't really an issue in my opinion.

It isn't like we have our SS numbers or credit card/bank account info anywhere in the sites database, the sites are hosted free of charge.

The online merchants and other sites we all use sell more of our personal info every day than what's accessible here on our (UoS/310) websites.

This is kinda where i am at too. If people are okay with that then we will just keep going.

My position is ill leave it till it breaks or is shut off.
TribalDragon
-UoS- Leader
-UoS- Leader

canada.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

I think we should worry more about the future of UoS as a clan then the website for the time being.

I like this website.  Maybe a lil facelift to bring it up to date on visual.

Aren't we coming up on the 10th anniversary for UoS??

I've checked Blitz join date: April 4th 2007.......should we celebrate it? ....special event ....

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
tinhead-UoS-
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

10 years on this web site here but it has been longer. a night of bfbc2 im up for

Get registered or Log in

Treello
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

Union-Of-Saints was founded in 2003. Me, my brother, and dragon founded it when i graduated highschool.
nitecrawler-UoS-
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

votes: 3
canada.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:32 am Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

Hey All! I just popped on to see whats been up and saw this interesting post. It is a really good question... I personally dont feel to threatened about a lack of privacy in this website because as steel says everyone is quite anonymous. So I am fine to keep this site going until it dies. That being said if someone wanted to create a separate and much simpler site I wouldn't be opposed but would be unable to help with it.

I just feel really bad because I just dont have much time at all to play games anymore. Mind you I do but im just so out of practice getting on TS. Its literally been like 3-5 years since I have regularly been on there! I fell bad because popping in on the website is about all i can offer right now.

The idea of waiting for the next game like 2142 or BC2 is one that I just dont know will ever come again. I dont think games are made the same way and I feel like my impression and general satisfaction with games has changes a lot so that I dont know if I could ever love games like those again. I can only speak for myself on this one but...

I dont really feel i have the time to devote to any game that involve progression at this stage. Now this could change as my wife (married 7 months ago) is in uni and may be more busy coming up in 6 months. However there are no guarantees and life has just changed soooo drastically from what it was.

Anyway thats just a jumbled mix of thoughts that come to mind when I see a post like this. I really appreciate the camaraderie that I have felt over the last 10 years though. It was so awesome playing games and taking names with you all. Many laughs and good times!

Let me know if you do get online though on April 4th. I may be ablel to get on for a very short amount of time. Who knows?  Very Happy
zedera-uos-
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

Hey All,

I know I have been away; but will fund.

I missed last year, but I am in  for $100.

Hope this goes a bit for it.

Zed

TribalDragon
-UoS- Leader
-UoS- Leader

canada.png

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

Thanks Zedera for the donation, say in on front page before your post here!!

Thanks again!!!!

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Treello
-UoS- Member
-UoS- Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Future of UoS website Reply with quote

Thank You Zed,

Currently i am funding the site and it breaks down like so:

Month to Month - Free hosting (for now, it is owned by a new company that can change)

Yearly - Domain Registration - I just did this last month it is 30 dollars a year for now

Month to Month - TeamSpeak - This is 15 to 20 dollars a month also.

Your 100 will go along way. i really appreciate it. Thank you!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Union of Saints Forum Index ->  Follower's Corner Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: